Friday, February 5, 2016

Hat hair.


HATS
                  My hat gives me terrible hat hair. I’ve been busy covering the messy curls on my head. I wish there was a hat to cover these messy emotions in my head. Everyone wearing hats. All kinds of hats, boat hats, snapbacks, trucker hats, and baseball caps. Not the hat, but beneath the hat. We didn't start wearing hats until we got older, maybe it’s because we didn't care about messy hair or what people would wear. Maybe because when we were younger we weren't afraid to show who we were, never covering up with a hat on our heads. We wore our emotions on our sleeves.
 You look good in that baseball cap...but I’d rather see your beautiful hair.

6 comments:

  1. "We didn't start wearing hats until we got older, maybe it’s because we didn't care about messy hair or what people would wear." #stolen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I've probably read this post way too many times, great writing.

      Delete
  2. "When we were younger we weren't afraid to show who we are" love this line. I want to be s little kid again

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'but I'd rather see your beautiful hair', 'I’ve been busy covering the messy curls on my head. I wish there was a hat to cover these messy emotions in my head.'
    THIS IS SO GOOD

    ReplyDelete